3/29/08

Focus! Focus!

Okay, so I have a hard time focusing. Especially at work. I mean, I can close twitter, and my instant message client(s), and even my e-mail, but I still can't seem to focus on the words in front of me.

I guess I'm not alone.

Here are some text editors which, basically, black out the entire screen except for your text. Dead-simple.
I figured I'd share this hear because while we're talking about authorship on-line, sometimes that constant ability to communicate and getting information, well, gets in the way of getting stuff done.

2 comments:

Benson said...

WriteRoom is great but the trial version is limited to thirty days. I *think* there is a way to accomplish the same effect (full screen mode) using MS Word, but I can't tell you how to do it off the top of my head. I rock a legal pad or typewriter when I need to GTD, later transcribing it to a computer. Ha!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I do the same thing, except now I have a file-cabinet full of legal pads and assorted other paper products.

Transcribing is a pain in the butt.... Actual preference is to draft on the computer and edit by hand.

In Word, if you got office 2007, the option is under the "View" part of the ribbon. Also you'll have to change an option or two to let you edit in the "Full Screen Reading Mode."

I forgot what 2003 was. Sorry, once I "upgraded" at work, I just went that way at home, too. Much easier.

Macs? Sorry, no idea. My Mac (a tangarine iBook) hasn't run a mac OS in years.