3/17/08

Useless.

Following Jesse's lead, I thought I'd spread the free software love that just happened to show up in my RSS reader after class. This one is also for you Windows users, so I obviously haven't tried this program myself, but I couldn't resist based on the name of this application:

FairUse DVD Ripper [Full Edition Free for a Limited Time!] Awesome debates regarding DCMA, corporate shenanigans, and The Grateful Dead Business Model™ not included.


Wait.


You probably don't want this. Apparently, the program will not strip copy protection schemes from DVDs [which we learned tonight is against the law], rendering it unable to help you make those DVD clip compilations for educational purposes or create legal backups of your store-bought movies.

Thanks for contributing to the public confusion over copyright law, FairUse DVD Ripper.


[link via Lifehacker]

No comments: