5/5/08

Blog Reflection

I'm not especially new to blogging, I've done it for personal projects for a few years, and participate in some discussions that interest me online in other forums. At the same time, I have to agree with some of the other class members sentiments that I did, at times, feel pressed to post something just to meet a requirement. I think the blog is a valuable tool to extend the classroom discussion outside in a relatively seemless way, at the same time, I don't want to post something just because it was Saturday and I hadn't yet for the week.

I think one of the coolest things about the blog is the ability to link, post videos, and give all around multi-media representations of what we're working on, especially in a class that focuses on things that are not so seemlessly translated to paper. Also, being able to check the blog or contribute to it from anyway has really proved to be an easy way to stay connected to the course from home, to check what's going on, and to get some quality feedback from classmates on our own ideas.

It's an excellent tool, and I feel like we're using it well. Other than the pressure to contribute when I might not have anything, just to meet the requirement, it's been a really pleasant and positive experience.

No comments: