5/4/08

so long, class blog

This semester has sold me on the usefulness of blogs at the graduate level (I don't share e's doubt about its use for undergrads, but I think it all depends on how these are understood and meant to be used). I guess I have done this before, but here I've found this blog to be much more useful in reading others' responses to and thoughts on the class readings.

I regret not taking a more active role in reading/responding to the scholars on our blogroll. I did post to Sivacracy (it's somewhere, maybe I'll dig it up) but I don't think I linked back to our blog here. I guess it wasn't really related to authorship and copyright, so I suppose I failed on that end. I still, for whatever reason, generally thought of our class as the primary audience and did not consider that someone like John Logie or Rebecca Moore Howard might be reading.

Perhaps it's because I understood this blog space mostly as another way to interact with and understand the readings. I liked when conversations would migrate from here into the classroom. This is not to say I don't see the potential to reach a wider audience here, but that is a goal for my paper while these posts were more spontaneous efforts. Perhaps that stems from my perceived sense of privacy I get from my super secret pseudonym.

I'm rambling (and, wow, I need to get to work on the paper we're workshopping tomorrow), so I should go. Best of luck with your papers, everyone! There I go again with the audience thing. Ahem. Farewell, loyal readers!

No comments: