5/5/08

My 2 cents worth...

Like others, this was my first experience using a blog for anything, much less class discussion. I agree with Dan that it is a good forum for the quieter among us to express ourselves, but like We-um, sorry, entremanureal I often felt that when I had to post, I just didn't have much to say. I never dedicated the time or energy to follow this conversation out in the blogosphere; in fact, I had a hard enough time just following our own blog—where do you people find the time? The one time I chimed in on another blog, my comments were ignored. :( Serious, thoughtful blogging is hard work and not for the timid; unfortunately, it's easy for me to be lazy.


I really liked the blog as a repository of all of the quirky and interesting links our class found pertaining to authorship and copyright issues. I also thought it was beneficial for some extended rants. Nonetheless, it did feel like a chore and a bother most times (I think I've been in school too long). Will I blog on my own? Probably not. Will I leave the occasional comment? I think it's safe to say yes. And as this is my last class at NIU, shy of writing my thesis this summer, here's a big thank you, ENGL 529!

No comments: